The Governing Board of the Hancock County ESC believes that every individual possesses the capacity and will to learn. We recognize that every learner has different abilities, needs and interest which affect their degree of learning and realize that this necessitates a varied curriculum and a stimulating environment.
We also believe that it is our responsibility to develop a high quality educational service organization dedicated to providing administrative, curricular, instructional, pupil personnel, and professional development services to the schools of Hancock County by the most efficient and economical means possible. These services are primarily designed to assist boards of education, administrators, teachers, and other staff members of the local school districts so that they may develop into strong leaders in their schools and that the students may become socially and economically productive members of society.
Therefore, to promote this belief, we recognize that it is our purpose to assist local school districts in developing educational programs that they deem necessary and compelling for the improvement of their schools and to provide leadership that is alert to the best educational practices of the day.
Educational Service Center Outcome Goals
As a base against which to assess school needs and set objectives for the educational program, the Governing Board, following consultation with the teaching staff, pupils, and parents, the Hancock County ESC, adopts the following educational outcome goals for every pupil served by the ESC:
- To acquire basic skills in obtaining information, solving problems, thinking critically and communicating effectively.
- To acquire a stock of basic information concerning the principles of the physical, biological, and social sciences, the historical record of human achievements and failures, and current social issues.
- To acquire knowledge, skills and understanding that permits the pupil to play a satisfying and responsible role as both a producer and a consumer.
- To become an effective and responsible contributor to the decision-making processes of the political and other institutions of the community, state, country, and the world.
- To acquire job entry skills and to acquire knowledge necessary for further education.
- To acquire the understanding of and the ability to form responsible relations with a wide range of other people, including those with social and cultural characteristics different from their own.
- To acquire the capacities for playing satisfying and responsible roles in family life.
- To acquire the knowledge, habits, and attitudes that promote personal and public health, both physical and mental.
- To develop an understanding of his/her own worth, abilities, potentialities, and limitations.