The Parent Mentor Program is funded through a grant from the Ohio Department of Education (ODE). The mission of the program is to provide the necessary support and resources to families of children with disabilities and the professionals who serve them.
The Parent Mentor:
- Is available to any participating district at no cost to district or parents.
- Educates families and schools about the special education process.
- Provides support to parents, answers questions, and listens to concerns.
- Researches and provides information on specific disabilities.
- Organizes workshops for parents, educators and the community.
- Helps parents find and access community resources.
- Offers a variety of special education and special need resources available free through the Parent Mentor lending library.
- Publishes newsletters that will include community workshops and other relevant topics of interest to families.
- Is available to attend Individualized Education Program (IEP) meetings and other meetings at parent or staff request.
Parent Mentor Brochure
Parent Mentor History
Parent Mentor Library List
“Don’t Wait and See” (Early Intervention)
Ohio Center for Autism and Low Incidence (OCALI)
Ohio Coalition for the Education of Children with Disabilities
Ohio Department of Education Home Page
Ohio Dept of Education/Students with Disabilities
Parent Mentor of Ohio
State Support Team Region 1